I’m flabbergasted someone thought of my blog and even more so- nominated me for a ‘Versatile Blogger’! It’s a privilege and I apparently can’t thank Rabe MacSeoin, a remarkable blogger herself, enough! Once again, thank you!
Alright, I have a few manageable rules to follow and the first would be posting seven things about myself:
1. I believe that a person’s personality has more to do with their perspective, education, and childhood than simply their outwardly appearance.
2. I strive for a self-taught education where I learn (to think for myself) from traveling and meeting other people. John Holt in his book ‘Instead of Education’ wrote in perspective of the educators “He tells us, in effect, that we cannot be trusted even to think, that for all our lives we must depend on others to tell us the meaning of our world and our lives, and that any meaning we may make for ourselves, out of our own experience, has no value.”
3. I’ve been home-schooled for most of my middle and high school years and enjoyed every single minute for not a second went to waste emulating celebrities.
4. I highly respect Robert Frost’s classical statement of “Poetry is something poets write” when pressed for an answer by an inquisitive questioner- instead of going into the depth (never stopping the questioner’s train of wonder) and remarking “Poetry is a rhythmical composition of words expressing an attitude, designed to surprise and delight, and to arouse an emotional response.”
5. Everyone has moody days and they all have different ways of motivating themselves, for me, it would be my stash of inspiring quotes from, sometimes, well-known authors.
6. Failing is not something I handle well but I have learned that you must fall in order to get up.
7. ‘Somethings may be learned best in school while others could be learned as well or better out of school’ that thinking has saved me many times from falling into the traps of unfortunately many myopic teachers.
And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for…*Drumrolls!!*
- Man of many thoughts
- Jane Risdon
- Opinionated Man
- Cal Donnelly
Guidelines for nominees:
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated you, and post 7 interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- Inform them of their nomination via comment on their blog.
THANK YOU AND I HOPE YOU ALL WILL ACCEPT! 🙂